What is ISO 27001?
An information security standard and the part of ISO/IEC 27000 family is ISO/IEC 27001 which is the most popular one among IT industries. It was developed and published worldwide in order to help IT sector to manage their risks and to make their security system more effective.
ISO 27001 is nothing but an internationally recognized success proven practice framework for any ISMS that provides assistance to not only highlight risks existing in the system but to devise relevant and effective security measures that are perfect for your management system.
The ISO 27001 framework serves as a guideline towards continually reviewing and improving the safety of your information, which will exemplify reliability and add value to services of your organization. It is based on three core principle of information security:
The implementation of an Information Security Management System, complying with ISO 27001 is a strategic decision that aspire to improve your overall information safety and provide a strong basis for sustainable development initiatives.
Why is ISO 27001 important?
Nowadays, words are not enough to prove credibility you must have a solid proof to gain the trust of your customers, affiliates, and stakeholders. Especially in terms of information security, you cannot fathom to gain a foothold in global marketplace without having a solid standardize information security management system in place and the best one for this specific job can be attained by implementing ISO/IEC 27001.
Why is ISO 27001 important?
Securing your company assets according to ISO/IEC 27001 standard and refining the infrastructure to ensure the informational integrity and business stability will help you gain a respectable reputation among your suppliers and customers because you are prioritizing the security of their as well as your private internal information. Some notable benefits of ISO 27001 implementation are as follows:
- Gaining a certain amount of distinction among your peers
- You will have peace of mind regarding the operating procedures as they will be well defined
- By having a grasp on the security ROI (return on investment) you can calculate key performance indicators.
- The ISO 27001 credentials will guarantee an effective risk management.
- You can stop worrying about a constant risk to reputation by any events that will breach the information security of the organization.
- ISO 27001 is your ultimate escape from financial penalties caused by data breaches. The losses associated with data breaches are recorded with a rise of about 7% in 2017 according to Ponemon.
- Process integration with corporate strategies of risk management.
- Being ISO 27001 effectively implemented at your organization defines how much you are concerned about your business’s image protection and want to protect the business from cyberattacks and potential threats.
Adherence to appropriate information security management principles will aid the organization in achieving business objectives and goals, whereas poorly designed information security management system might result in huge overall deterioration of the company’s structure.