What is ISO 20000-1?
A global service management system standard named as ISO/IEC 20000-1 which best defines the major and minor requirements for IT service provider in order to make their management of service better whose whole purpose is to make systems more efficient and to be in improved control position so that the organizational team can run the operation more smoothly. As far as IT industry service management is concerned, one of the most updated ISO standards known till date is ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, its previous version was ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011.
Why is ISO 20000-1 important?
ISO/IEC 20000-1 enables companies to be able to demonstrate on independent basis to all the potential customers that they are fully meeting and possibly exceeding the requirements and can drive customers’ satisfaction through unmatched products and services style of delivery resulting in improvement on continuous basis.
What are the benefits of ISO 20000-1 – Information technology — Service management?
A Service Management System complying with the international Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) standard, ISO 20000-1, would increase your company’s worth manifolds. Some notable benefits of ISO 20000-1 certification & implementation are as follows:
- Achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- Eliminate risk through suitable management.
- The updated version of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 standard gives a clearer approach around supply chain management so that supplier-based relationships can be improved and can get in better shape leading to overall increment in efficiency on both ends making supply and demand easy to control.
- The upgradation in the standard forming ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 can now easily integrated with other ISO standards creating more low hanging fruits to grab, multiply and have other management systems be integrated in your current management system.
- According to the feedback suggested, the documented standard is too prescriptive all-around documentation and procedures. The updated version ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 will be able to provide more flexibility making it way easier to get adopted.
- Progress through Continuous improvement cycle is what ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 ensures. All the upgradation in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is aligned and fully integrated with all the business strategies of an IT based organization making it more effective for your customers and for your suppliers and vendors.
- Gain global recognition by staying ahead of the competition after successfully complying with the standard.
Adherence to appropriate service management principles will aid your organization in achieving business objectives and goals, whereas poorly designed service management system would result in huge overall deterioration of your company’s structure.