Introduction to ISO 20000-1
ISO 20000-1 is an internationally recognized standard specially designed for IT Service Management System often abbreviated as ITSMS. The focus narrows down to all the mandatory requirements for the service providers for effective planning, establishment, implementation, operation, monitoring practices, review and improvement of a Service Management System. The scope of ISO 20000-1 also covers design, modern transition, on time flawless delivery and improvement of services to accomplish pre-decided requirements.
ISO 20000-1 Applies to Whom?
ISO 20000-1 can be used by the following:
- Service Satisfaction: an organization that seeks for going beyond expectations from service providers and require 100% quality assurance.
- Consistent Approach: Any organization seeking consistent and précised quality services from their service providers.
- To demonstrate one’s Unbeatable Capabilities: Any organization that tends to exhibit their competence for their innovative designs, edgy delivery style and services like none other competitors present in the market.
- Continuous Improvement: Any organization that has the urge to improve themselves continuously and rigorously.
Two Parts of ISO 20000-1
ISO 20000 has been further divided into two parts:
- ISO 20000-1: which majorly outlines the minimum requirements of the ISO standard.
- ISO 20000-2: which gives more helpful guidelines for the implementation of the standard.
Summarized Structure of ISO 20000
Clause 1: Scope of ISO 20000-1
Clause 2: References
Clause 3: Helpful Terms and Definition
Clause 4: General Requirements of the Service Management System
Clause 5: Design and Modernized Transitioned Services
Clause 6: Delivery Process and Service
Clause 7: Relationship Processes
Clause 8: Resolution Process.
Clause 9: Process Control
How Continuous Improvement Cycle Works In ISO 20000-1?
In the initial stages of ISO 20000-1 stages, a common question arises in Auditees’ mind about the working, its implementation and continuous improvement process entangled.
Step 01: Define scope, targets, and goals of IT service management plan.
Step 02: Have crystal clear definition of Service Delivery Requirements based on your customers’ voice.
Step 03: Define and divide role and responsibilities without having overlapping and ensuring healthy teamwork.
Step 04: Periodic review of IT services for continuous improvement
Step 05: Identify opportunities for further improvements
The Plan Do Check Act commonly abbreviated as (PDCA) cycle is one of the basic and essential components of best ISO management practices that will ensure continuous improvement cycle to get live in your current management system and is one of the simplest problem-solving tools also that will enhance Corrective and Preventive Actions to avoid reoccurrence of the potential non-conformities.
Sterling Journey Of Getting ISO 20000-1 Begins Here!
|Number Of Tasks||What You Need To Do In ISO 20000-1 certification process||Support You’ll Get From Sync Resources Team|
|Task 01||Buy, Read and Understand the requirements of ISO 20000-1 standard||Explore the relevant information on Sync Resources websites and Blogs|
|Task 02||Ensure everybody in your organization gains in-depth knowledge||Training about ISO 20000-1 certification process |
Download ISO 20000-1 Self-Assessment checklist for internal audits
|Task 03||Tap us to book an appointment for ISO 20000-1 certification assessment||Providing Effective Solutions to efficiently align your current management system with ISO 20000-1|
|Task 04||Ensure to execute a certification assessment on time||Your Certification Assessment with (hopefully) a certificate.|
|Task 05||Implement Continuous Improvement Cycle||Assisting you and your team in the re-certification process|
Ground Breaking Outcomes of ISO 20000-1
- Better Understanding of Business Objectives: With crystal clear definition of everyone’s roles and responsibilities, it is compulsory to ensure everyone gets fully aware of their own roles and responsibilities so that collective business targets can be achieved with teamwork.
- Improvement Corporate Image in Marketplace: Reduction in system outage, foul proof security systems, less probability of incidents, increased system availability will make you stand out of the crowd. Moreover, being ISO 20000 certified is not less than a marketing asset that will increase your chance for tender wining among market competitors.
- Reduction In Risks and Improved Incident Management: With everything done in standardized formats and each and every quality protocol will be followed then the probability risk in form of data loss and other risks of security will be reduced.
- Consistent IT Services Delivery: Better services, fewer customers’ complaints, timely delivery with 100% compliance and strict quality measures will help to accomplish consistent service delivery measures.
- Increased Customer’s Satisfaction: Reduction in complaints will lead to high customers’ satisfaction levels.
- Reduction In Response Time Leading to Better Customers’ Service: With better data management and clearly defined roles and responsibilities will lead to a reduction in response time to not only to customers but to suppliers as well.
- Improved Cost Management: Decrease in rework and wastage will definitely lead to cost-saving and increase profit margins.
- Culture of Continuous Improvement: Fundamental shift from reactive to proactive approach can be seen vividly in organizational culture. Actual root cause resolution approach will save time and money as re-occurrence of the problems will be reduced to minimum levels. Periodic Internal audits and Annual surveillance audits will further assist in finding opportunities for improvements at all levels.
Tips and Tricks for Getting ISO 20000-1 Certification
Pitfalls during Implementation
Few most common challenges are faced by Audi tees of IT service management firm during effective implementation. The most typical pitfalls are:
- Less or No Senior Management Support
A commitment of senior management is the topmost priority during the process of ISO 20000-1 implementation. More the senior management seems committed to the ISO 20000-1 certification, more chances will be increased for certification.
- Fewer Employees’ Engagement
Employees must be eager to learn and should be able to deliver ISO 20000-1 requirements within prescribed defined timelines with enthusiasm and passion for success. Less employee engagement will result in work completion with uncountable loopholes and maybe with major non-conformities which can result in unsuccessful certification.
- Insufficient or Fewer Resources
With full senior management commitment, it is mandatory to conduct external or in-house training and refresher sessions for the staff so that results can be achieved and all employees can be fully equipped with the complete knowledge of the requirements of ISO 20000-1.
Looking to get ISO 20000-1 accreditation for your business?
Do you have questions or need help?