What is CMMI?
Capability Maturity Model Integration, commonly abbreviated as CMMI is the process improvement approach which has proven background of providing organizations with all the very essential basic elements of making the processes more effective and efficient. To make usability of maturity models in improved forms specifically for software engineering and generally for other disciplines is one of the ultimate targets of CMMI along with integration of other models in one united framework.
It is composed of three capability levels and five maturity levels. CMMI level certification has over 300 relevant “generic” and “specific“ processes on the basis of which organizations are to be rated. The points of interest which CMMI focuses at are
- CMMI for development related to products and services — CMMI – DEV
- CMMI for services Management and services formation — CMMI – SVC
- CMMI for Acquisition of products and services — CMMI – ACQ
Why is CMMI important?
Other than being a process model, CMMI is more of a behavioral model that is of great help when it comes to developing benchmarks and making environment more productive and healthier in every aspect. CMMI is more of a framework used for guidance for process development and is expected to deliver flawless high-quality end product.
What are the benefits of CMMI?
CMMI implementation will increase your company’s worth manifolds. Some notable benefits of Capability Model Integration certification are as follows:
- CMMI can do wonders for accomplishing high quality benchmarks. Upholding unmatched quality usually start with beginner level to mid-level and senior level managers.
- Elaborated coverage of products’ life cycles
- Percentage of Achievement increases with accomplishing every milestone
- Better ROI (Return on Investment)
- A definitive improvement in terms of performance and processes would be noticed after implementation of CMMI
- An added bonus to organization would be consistency in delivery and effective error resolution practices will result in an increase in market demand of the organization.
- CMMI will help organizations significantly boost their capabilities as competition amongst organization gets intense.
- Adopting CMMI will also regulate a more cost-effective approach in different areas of the organization.
Adherence to CMMI principles will aid your organization in achieving business objectives and goals.