Concept of ISO IEC 17025: 2017 Standard
ISO IEC 17025 Laboratory Requirements – Any testing laboratory that wants to exhibit their capacity to deliver reliable and precise laboratory testing results needs ISO 17025. 18 liaison organizations such as the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and other laboratories developed the well-known standard of ISO IEC 17025.
Who Is ISO IEC 17025 For?
ISO IEC 17025 Laboratories Requirements standard accreditation is a recognized value for those laboratories (whether owned by the government or private sector industry) that perform:
- Laboratory Testing
- Laboratory Sampling
- Equipment’ Calibration
ISO IEC 17025 Laboratory Requirements is proven for universities’ research centers, inspection bodies, and product certification bodies.
My Laboratory Already Runs on High Precision Standards. Think Again!
Getting ISO IEC 17025 certification is a necessity for labs. Consider the following:
- Does the testing body possess a defined and acceptable set of methods to be used in the laboratory?
- Are testing methodologies documented to the extent that the application of consistent proper testing is ensured?
- Does the testing body use standard, published and worldwide accepted testing methods?
- Has the accuracy, precision, and limit of detection been determined in all the methods in the testing laboratory?
- Have the trends in quality control results ever been reviewed to anticipate problems?
Stay on the cutting edge with improved solutions customers haven’t seen before
Here is what you get being ISO 17025:2017 standard certified testing body:
- Value addition in the Portfolio leading to International recognition
- Synchronized and Defect Free Management System
- Improved Accuracy and Precision
- Cost Saving and Waste Reduction by Preventing Retesting
What are the Benefits of ISO IEC 17025 Laboratory Requirements for Testing and Calibration Laboratories?
- What if my product would not be tested accurately?
- What if my product passes the test in one laboratory and fails the same test in another laboratory?
- What if my product does not get the passing testing certificate that could have increased my sales and profits?
These are the most common questions that many clients ask before getting their products tested by any laboratory. In order to win clients’ confidence and trust, laboratories have to prove their competency levels and knowledge of testing standards.
Your ISO IEC 17025 Laboratories Requirements certification will be the guarantee to your client that your testing facility is fully equipped and meeting all the requirements that are needed to deliver valid and accurate results every time. Moreover, the generated results will be reliable and accurate and accepted nationally and internationally.
As an ISO IEC 17025 certified laboratory testing body, you will find cooperation with other laboratories easier as your testing results will have wider acceptance. The test reports and certificates generated by an ISO / IEC 17025 testing body are accepted around the globe without being tested again and again by other testing bodies.
How Much Time Is Required to Get ISO IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation?
There is no set number of days or definite deadlines to achieve ISO IEC 17025:2017 accreditation. The process of accreditation depends on the following factors that may vary from one testing body to another:
- Size of the Testing laboratory
- Number of employees employed in the testing laboratory
- The complexity of the Testing procedure and Equipment Calibration
Updates in ISO IEC 17025 Laboratories Requirements
In 2017, a new version of the ISO 17025 standard was published worldwide by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and IEC (International Electro-Technical Commission) having updates for progressive service of the certified laboratories.
Why ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory Requirements Standard revised?
Due to rapid progress in the market, industry, and IT sector, many laboratories needed to get themselves updated by new techniques. The new version fully covers technical changes, vocabulary and the latest developments in the IT sector. This version has integrated the latest amendments of ISO 9001 Standard that will further help in the integration of both the ISO standards.
Key Changings in ISO 17025:2017:
Following are the major changes that have adopted by the revised version of ISO 17025:2017 Standard:
- Certification Scope: Revision in certification scope has been done to cover all laboratories activities which significantly includes product testing, equipment calibration, and product sampling techniques.
- Alignment of ISO IEC 17000 and ISO / IEC 17025: The structure of ISO IEC 17025 Standard was revised so that the standards itself can get aligned with other already existing standards for better synchronization.
- Improved Process Approach: The process of updated ISO / IEC 17025 system is now more synchronized with ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 15189 (Quality of Medical Laboratories) and with ISO IEC 17000 ( Standard of Conformity Assessment Activities) which has now increased focus on process results rather than on detailed description of the tasks involved during testing.
- Narrowed down Focus on IT: Hugh bundles of paperwork which includes manuals, reports and records have gradually been considered obsolete favoring more on soft copied material.
- Risk-Based Thinking: A newly added section that includes the integration of ISO 9001:2015 with ISO 17025.
- Vocabulary Synchronization: The terminology has been revised which has now a set of common terminologies and definitions for all standards of conformity assessments.
Displaying Your Certificate for ISO IEC 17025 Accreditation:
Once the testing laboratory gets accreditation, the accredited body is free to display ISO / IEC 17025:2017 accreditation certificate in advertisements and promotional literature. Displaying accreditation certificate will help to build the customer’s confidence in your technical competency.
Looking to get ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for your business?
What questions do you have and how can we help?