Concept of ISO / IEC 17025:2017 Stanadrd
Any testing laboratory that want to exhibit their capacity to deliver reliable and precise laboratory testing results should go for opting international reference of ISO 17025:2015 standard. Around 18 liaison organizations such as International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) and many various other representing laboratories and their experts sat and brainstormed together to develop the well-known standard of ISO / IEC 17025.
Who Is ISO / IEC 17025:2017 For?
ISO / IEC 17025:2017 standard accreditation is real value addition for those laboratories (whether owned by government or private sector industry) that perform:
- Laboratory Testing
- Laboratory Sampling
- Equipment’ Calibration
ISO / IEC 17025:2017 standard is a proven useful for universities’ research centers, inspection bodies and product certification bodies.
My Laboratory Already Runs on High Precision Standards. Think Again!
Do you think getting ISO / IEC 17025 certification is not a necessity for your business? Before jumping to the conclusion, give it a try to ask yourself these few below mentioned questions:
- Does the testing body possess a defined and acceptable set of methods to be use in the laboratory?
- Are testing methodologies are documented to the enough extent that application of consistent proper testing is ensured?
- Does the testing body use standard, published and worldwide accepted testing methods?
- Has the accuracy, precision, limit of detection been determined of all the methods being use in the testing laboratory?
- Have the trends in Quality control results ever studied to anticipate a possible problem?
Stay on the cutting edge with improved solutions customers haven’t seen before!
Here is what you get being ISO 17025:2017 standard certified testing body:
- Value addition in the Portfolio leading to International recognition
- Synchronized and Defect Free Management System
- Improved Accuracy and Precision
- Cost Saving and Waste Reduction by Preventing Retesting
What Benefits ISO / IEC 17025:2017 standard will bring to My Business?
- What if my product would not be tested accurately?
- What if my product passes the test in one laboratory and fails the same test in another laboratory?
- What if my product does not get the passing testing certificate that could have increased my Sales and profits?
Hope the above questions sound familiar to you. These are the most obvious question that many clients ask from you before getting their products tested by any laboratory. In order to win clients’ confidence and trust, laboratories have to prove their competency levels and knowledge of testing standards.
Your ISO / IEC 17025 certification will be itself the guarantee to your client that your testing facility is fully equipped and fully meeting all the requirements that are needed to deliver valid and accurate result every time the products get tested. Moreover, the generated results will be reliable and accurate enough that it will be accepted nationally and internationally.
Being ISO / IEC 17025 certified laboratory testing body, you will feel ease in cooperating between other laboratories since your testing results will have wider acceptance within and between the countries. The test reports and certificates generated by an ISO / IEC 17025 testing body will be accepted all around the globe without being tested again and again by other testing bodies thus it will help your client to reduce testing cost which in turn widen your circle for international trade.
How Much Time Is Required to Get ISO / IEC 17025:2017 Accreditation?
There is no set number of days or definite deadlines to achieve ISO / IEC 17025:2017 accreditation. The process of accreditation depends on following factors that may vary from one testing body to other testing body:
- Size of the Testing laboratory
- Number of employees employed in the testing laboratory
- Complexity of Testing procedure and Equipment Calibration
Updates in ISO / IEC 17025:2015 Standard
In 2017, a new version of the ISO 17025 standard was published worldwide by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and IEC (International Electro Technical Commission) having updates in its content for progressive service of the certified laboratories.
Why ISO / IEC 17025 Standard revised?
Due to rapid progress in market, industry and IT sector many laboratories needed to get themselves updated by new techniques that’s why a need was raised to update the certification system also. The new version now fully covers technical changings, vocabulary and latest developments in IT sector. Furthermore, it has integrated the latest amendments of ISO 9001 Standard in its version also that will further help in integration of both the ISO standards.
Key Changings in ISO 17025:2017:
Following are the major changings that have adopted by the revised version of ISO 17025:2017 Standard:
Revision in certification scope has been done to cover all laboratories activities which significantly includes product testing, equipment calibration and product sampling techniques.
Alignment of ISO / IEC 17000 and ISO / IEC 17025:
The structure of ISO / IEC 17025 Standard was revised so that the standards itself can get aligned with other already existing standards for better synchronization.
- Improved Process Approach: The process of updated ISO / IEC 17025 system is now more synchronized with ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 15189 (Quality of Medical Laboratories) and with ISO / IEC 17000 ( Standard of Conformity Assessment Activities) which has now increased focus on process results rather than on detailed description of the tasks involved during testing.
- Narrowed down Focus on IT: Hugh bundles of paperwork which includes manuals, reports and records have gradually been considered obsolete favoring more on soft copied material.
- Risk Based Thinking: A newly added section that includes integration of ISO 9001:2015 with ISO 17025.
- Vocabulary Synchronization: The terminology has been revised which has now a set of common terminologies and definitions for all standards of conformity assessments.
Displaying Your Certificate for ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation:
Once the testing laboratory gets accreditation, the accredited body is free to display ISO / IEC 17025:2017 accreditation certificate in advertisements and promotional literature such as websites and brochures. Displaying accreditation certificate will help building the customer’s confidence on testing body’s technical competency of doing tests on customer’s products and equipment calibration services.